July 11, 2012

{Busy Busy Busy}

I've been super busy recently working to finish (3) quilts before leaving to Alaska to visit M! Here's how they turned out:

The first two are for twins that my co-worker & his wife just had! They wanted to be surprised on their genders, so I picked what I thought was a cute, but still gender neutral theme! 

I used cotton for the piecing, and then "snuggle" flannel & "minky" for the applique. :) I LOVe how the 3D parts (elephant's ear & owl's wings) turned out! 














Then the third quilt I made for a friend of mine who has been sick & in the hospital for the past month! Made entirely of quilter's flannel, this thing is SO cozy. It's kind of a weird quilt to present in the middle of July when we've been having 80 degree weather, but I think he liked it anyway. :) 


Some details:
Started this on June 23rd, finished July 10th. 
Approximate Dimensions 7"x5".
Fabric used: Quilters Flannel (next time I'll write down the collection/designer!) 

I ended up quilting this one instead of tying because I wanted a more grown-up, masculine feel, and while it was quite a bit of work to get it through my standard machine, I think it was well worth it! I did realize that I need to get a separate "walking" foot for my machine though, that will help immensely when quilting my next project! Since I quilted this monster (well, big for my tastes, it was only a twin!), I feel like I don't really have an excuse not to practice my actual quilting on some of the baby quilts I'll be working on in upcoming months. :) 

But first--vacation! I'm leaving tomorrow for 10 days in Alaska, and I still am not quite packed! I'll try & update on the goings-on there while I'm there if I have time, or when I get back. :) 

Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment