I'd been wanting to make a pallet bookshelf for our bedroom for a long time!
I finally got some old pallets for free from work a few months ago, and Mikhal was able to disassemble them for me using this trick I read about on Pinterest! :)
The neatly stacked pile of wood has been sitting in our driveway waiting for me for a while now, and we finally had the time to get started last weekend!
First things first, a plan--of course!
Then lots of selecting & measuring...
Then lots of cutting...
Then, in order to make it a little less rustic, ;) I chose to do at least a general sand on all the pieces.
Proof that I did it myself. :)
(Don't mind the Donald Trump hair!)
Well I did MOST of it myself. :)
On of the shelves, finished! :)
And all three! :) I love that there's a slight zebra texture on some of the boards.
Like this one. :)
Oh, did I mention that I got a new 50mm lens since my last blog post? :) I'm LOVING it!
The bottom with the back pieces attached...
With both the bottom & top attached.. :)
Then I didn't do a very good job documenting the next few steps; although I did try! I took some pictures, but didn't realize until too late that I didn't have a memory card loaded. *sigh
What was missed:
-Adding the shelves-More sanding (with a more fine grit sandpaper)
-Adding the aesthetic pieces on the fronts & sides
I'm SO SO SO SO happy with how it turned out!
And here's how it looks in our room..
And the after:
Now it's just a matter of getting everything loaded into it in an artistic manner. :) I'm going to keep my eye out for some cute baskets to help store some miscellaneous items in. Can't wait to post one more follow up once I've got everything situated! :)